Culinary Notes

Everything you need to know about cooking.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Everyday Italian: 125 Simple and Delicious Recipes

I have only begun trying to cook in the last couple of years. My father gave me this book for Christmas last year to my surprise. I love her show but always thought everything looked too fattening and complicated to actually make, but what a lovely surprise this book turned out to be. For a beginner cook, this has helped me tremendously! From every basic sauce to every classic Italian dish, Giada makes it so simple to understand and try. True, the book is lacking in a lot of photos of the food, but the recipes are so well written and clear that I haven't really had the need for the pictures. So far every dish I have tried has turned out amazing!!

What I find the most interesting is how many of the recipes require so few ingredients. Her penne with asparagus, smoked mozzarella, and prosciutto is absolutely to die for! I truly feel this book has helped me start to master "the basics" of Italian cooking. After I've covered the majority of this book, I am looking forward to trying her 2nd one, which in my opinion looks a little more challenging in terms of Italian cooking. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is new to cooking, wanting to learn how to make Italian food at a casual pace without just jumping in head first.

Reviewer: K. McNulty "Food Lover"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home